A Safe Haven Foundation is a social business enterprise that empowers families and individuals experiencing homelessness or crisis to achieve sustainable self-sufficiency. Through its holistic approach, A Safe Haven Foundation provides evidence-based programs of supportive housing, addiction treatment, recovery management, education, and life skills that lead directly to employment, permanent housing, and self-sufficiency.
A Safe Haven Foundation (ASHF) owns and/or manages 16 sites throughout Cook County, Illinois that provide a variety of services to individuals and families in crisis to help them achieve self-sufficiency. The clients are all experiencing homelessness in some way, and many are facing mental illnesses including addiction and PTSD, particularly for the homeless military veterans we serve. A Safe Haven Foundation provides various levels of housing, as well as support services. ASHF is also an advocacy organization that works for better policies and a popular movement to better serve people in crisis, in a way that saves taxpayer dollars through smart, harm-reductive policy.
We serve nearly 4,000 individuals a year, though that might change unless we receive more support. To do that, we need a website that better engages the public!
What new functionality we are looking for
We want our new website to, obviously, show our mission, display our videos, inform people how they can get involved, and basically do everything our current site can do (not much). We also obviously to make every page social and improve our SEO.
We also need our site to be fully interactive so that volunteers, donors, activists, event participants, and corporate partners can be continuously engaged.
Therefore, we desire an interface that can accomplish most of the following to maintain a good CRM:
1. Automatically integrate contact information and donation information of people who donate online
2. Automatically record online donations (is this possible?) and allow for manual insertion of other donation records
3. Automatically integrate information from an online widget in which people enter their information
4. Automatically integrate information from an online contact form in which people enter their information
5. Be separated into categories of constituents by type (donor/volunteer/employee/alum etc.), event, past donation, age, gender, etc.
6. Integrate with a text messaging service like Mobile Commons, or include its own, built-in SMS system
7. Easily sync manually or automatically with (or at least export to) Constant Contact (or a similar e-newsletter tool like Vertical Response, MailChimp, Convio, etc.)
8. Allow EASY AND SIMPLE manual addition and edits of constituents
9. Automatically add people who email a specific address (not as important)
10. Create individual fundraising pages (including a back end for participant use) in events like our first annual RUN! To End Homelessness
How the new functionality will help
A new site will vastly improve our capacity to engage the community in the hard work of moving our society to a more just, efficient, productive one by offering people a chance to overcome obstacles of homelessness, the disease of addiction, incarceration, and more.
It will improve our ability to keep in touch with clients once they graduate from our program so they can get back in touch if they need further support.
It will improve our ability to engage our volunteers, donors, and corporate supporters to lobby their legislators more, get involved with our cause, and donate more easily and more often so we can serve more clients.
How our organization will use the technology
Who will use the technology